Employee Communication App
Effective Employee Communication
In today’s workplace, implementing an employee communication app has helped companies be better at effective employee communication. As a key factor to all businesses, employee communication nurtures company goals and encourages engagement in the workforce, keeping teams driven and committed.
Poor employee communication can lead to negative outcomes for companies, resulting in lower revenue and higher turnover rates, so it’s important that effective employee communication is a priority.
With technological advancements and shifting work cultures, businesses are adopting various digital tools to help keep staff engaged. However, one area often overlooked is internal communications. For many companies, especially those with deskless staff—think retail, hospitality, and foodservice industries,—primary communication channels are still email, newsletters, and bulletin boards. With 83% of the global workforce without email addresses and most workers glued to their mobile devices on break, companies struggle to effectively communicate.
How can a smartphone be used to communicate with colleagues
To avoid the negative outcomes of poor employee communication, companies are implementing BYOD (bring your own device) policies and mobile apps to help create effective employee communication with frontline staff. With 2.5 billion smartphone users forecasted for next year, it has become necessary to incorporate mobile into an organization’s employee communications strategy. Here’s why:
- Communication in real-time: Internal communication mobile apps allow you to communicate with your teams, providing information to staff that helps them be successful and confident in their roles.
- A culture of trust: Implementing a BYOD policy creates a culture of trust that leaves staff feeling valued, happier, and committed.
- Two-way communication: Due to schedules and locations, it’s often hard for staff to communicate effectively with management. A mobile employee communication app helps to break down these barriers, allowing employees to communicate with management anywhere and at any time.
- Giving your team a voice: Employee communication tools provide an avenue for frontline associates to voice opinions, their concerns, or ask questions. They empower and engage staff, creating passionate brand ambassadors committed to organization visions and goals.
How to communicate effectively with your employees
Internal communication mobile apps provide valuable advantages, especially for internal communication initiatives. Executing effective employee communication not only keeps employees happy but also informed and committed, making for an overall better employee and customer experience. If your internal communication initiatives are not getting results and you’re ready for a change, consider the following methods to effectively communicate information to employees:
- Doing mobile right: Having a good plan in place to execute mobile into your workforce and employee communication strategy will result in effective employee communication and an increase in productivity. Thinking of an employee communication app? Consider the following:
- Branded apps: An app branded for your organization creates trust and resonates with staff, resulting in higher employee adoption and engagement.
- “The power of push notifications”: Just as effective for internal comms as it is for external comms, pushed content not only boosts mobile app engagement by 88% but also garners 3x more activation from staff
- Less is more: Providing information in short snippets empowers frontline associates with tools to succeed without overwhelming them
- A digital communication strategy for all employees: With 83% of the global workforce without email addresses, it’s key to strategize around digital initiatives for deskless staff. Implementing a BYOD policy helps to align your digital employee communications strategy across the organization and bring frontline staff into the digital workforce.
- “Think globally, act locally”: Create a balance between global and local internal communications efforts. That way, global internal communications will create transparency across the organization, and local content will resonate with localized frontline staff.
- Measure internal comms campaigns: Metrics help to better understand the value of internal communications initiatives. It’s easier now, more than ever, with employee communication tools, to generate data that shows what internal comms initiatives are working and where there’s room for improvement.
Implementing internal communication mobile apps into your employee communication strategy helps to effectively convey information to staff in an innovative and engaging way. Internal communication mobile apps also create an open and constructive workplace where knowledge of company vision, goals and product information is continuously shared for a better employee and customer experience.