Nudge is a communications platform that empowers deskless employees and drives better outcomes for your business. Backed by the power of behavioral science and the highest user ratings in its category, Nudge mobilizes non-desk teams by providing the information, inspiration, and insights employees need to exceed expectations and stay connected at work. Leading brands such as Compass Group, Staples, and Margaritaville rely on Nudge to boost employee engagement, exceed sales goals, and transform the customer experience.
At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do.
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to help guide the technical direction of our product.
As a Principal Engineer, you will have significant influence over technical decision-making, architecture choices, and coding best practices. You will be responsible for scaling our platform, which includes system architecture, tools, and features. In addition, you will be providing mentorship, creating proof of concept systems, and will be responsible for ensuring we are building high quality, robust, and maintainable code. Ideally, you’ll have previous experience building products that handle high-throughput traffic, and you are excited by design patterns, performance, database design, enterprise integrations, and DevOps.
Our current code base includes technologies like Ruby, Rails, React, MySQL, Redshift, Redis, Memcached, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch. Aside from proven technologies we’re also experimenting with Python and Go. We have infrastructure services on AWS, GCP, and Azure.
What we need your help with
- Architecting, building, deploying and maintaining complex, robust features with our engineers in a collaborative environment
- Continuously improving the scale and stability of our platform with infrastructure recommendations, monitoring tools, and new technologies
- Building integrations with other enterprise-level software systems
- Ensuring continuous integration and testing procedures are constantly improving and following the latest best practices
- Participating in retrospective meetings and post-release discussions to identify improvements on process and code implementation
- Mentoring and providing constructive code reviews
- 10+ years of experience building and scaling web applications
- Previous history as a senior developer, architect, or principal engineer (or you’re ready to make the jump)
- Familiarity with industry-wide patterns and practices
- Willingness to collaborate across multiple teams
- Comfort with a variety of testing strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Don’t have all of the above? That’s okay, we welcome candidates who may have some of the skills, but are still learning. At Nudge, we are dedicated to providing opportunities and growing our employees, so we encourage you to apply.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Professional development allowance
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Bike parking
- Hack days: Take a glimpse into hack days at Nudge with our awesome tech team!
Our remote work policy
At Nudge, we currently operate with a Flexible First approach. We prioritize both the physical and psychological safety of our team members and recognize that many team members are really excited about the prospect of working together again (safely!). So, when the time is right, we will open the office again to those team members who are interested in working in a shared space. All other team members must have access to good internet and work on EST hours.
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your pronouns (if you feel comfortable doing so), resume, LinkedIn and Github profiles to email@example.com. We’re also always interested in hearing anything fun you’d like to share about yourself too!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1