Lead Software Architect
At Nudge Rewards, we’re on a mission to connect forward-thinking brands with their frontline employees in meaningful ways that drive their performance. Our mobile solution is powered by behavioral theory, social mechanics, and gamification, offering a truly unprecedented way of impacting key business drivers, while delivering insights that matter. To date, we’ve delivered over 20 million nudges to frontline employees in some of the world’s largest and most respected brands. This is supported by a cumulative 4.7 rating from thousands of app reviews worldwide.
At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do.
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
We’re looking for a lead architect to help guide the technical direction of our product.
As a lead architect, you will have significant influence over technical decision-making, architecture choices, and coding best practices. You will be responsible for scaling our platform, which includes system architecture, tools, and features. In addition, you will be providing mentorship, creating proof of concept systems, and will be responsible for ensuring we are building high quality, robust, and maintainable code. Ideally, you’ll have previous experience building products that handle high-throughput traffic, and you are excited by design patterns, performance, database design, enterprise integrations, and DevOps.
Our current code base includes technologies like Ruby, Rails, React, MySQL, Redshift, Redis, Memcached, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch. Aside from proven technologies we’re also experimenting with Python and Go. We have infrastructure services on AWS, GCP, and Azure.
What we need your help with
- Architecting, building, deploying and maintaining complex, robust features with our engineers in a collaborative environment
- Continuously improving the scale and stability of our platform with infrastructure recommendations, monitoring tools, and new technologies
- Building integrations with other enterprise-level software systems
- Ensuring continuous integration and testing procedures are constantly improving and following the latest best practices
- Participating in retrospective meetings and post-release discussions to identify improvements on process and code implementation
- Mentoring and providing constructive code reviews
- 10+ years of experience building and scaling web applications
- Previous history as a senior developer, lead or architect (or you’re ready to make the jump)
- Familiarity with industry-wide patterns and practices
- Willingness to collaborate across multiple teams
- Comfort with a variety of testing strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Don’t have all of the above? That’s okay, we welcome candidates who may have some of the skills, but are still learning. At Nudge, we are dedicated to providing opportunities and growing our employees, so we encourage you to apply.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Professional development allowance
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Bike parking
- Hack days: Take a glimpse into hack days at Nudge with our awesome tech team!
Our remote work policy
At Nudge, we currently operate with a Flexible First approach. We prioritize both the physical and psychological safety of our team members and recognize that many team members are really excited about the prospect of working together again (safely!). So, when the time is right, we will open the office again to those team members who are interested in working in a shared space. All other team members must have access to good internet and work on EST hours.
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your pronouns (if you feel comfortable doing so), resume, LinkedIn and Github profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also always interested in hearing anything fun you’d like to share about yourself too!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1