Lead Data Scientist
At Nudge Rewards, we’re on a mission to connect forward-thinking brands with their frontline employees in meaningful ways that drive their performance. Our mobile solution is powered by behavioral theory, social mechanics, and gamification, offering a truly unprecedented way of impacting key business drivers, while delivering insights that matter. To date, we’ve delivered over 20 million nudges to frontline employees in some of the world’s largest and most respected brands. This is supported by a cumulative 4.7 rating from thousands of app reviews worldwide.
At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do.
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
Nudge Rewards considers data to be a core pillar to the growth and success of the company. As the Lead Data Scientist at Nudge, you will be transforming our data and building models to help generate meaningful insights for internal teams and our customers.
This role provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to accelerate the application of data to understand our users and how our product can best support our customers in achieving their goals. Being a foundational member of the data team you will help determine the direction of future data-based initiatives and product features.
- Passionate about data and how it can be applied to solve real world problems
- 3+ years experience in a data science related position
- Extensive familiarity and comfort with both SQL and Python for data manipulation and analysis
- Constant desire to learn along with a capacity to mentor others
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Don’t have all of the above? That’s okay, we welcome candidates who may have some of the skills, but are still learning. At Nudge, we are dedicated to providing opportunities and growing our employees, so we encourage you to apply.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Professional development allowance
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Bike parking
- Hack days: Take a glimpse into hack days at Nudge with our awesome team!
Our remote work policy
At Nudge, we currently operate with a Flexible First approach. We prioritize both the physical and psychological safety of our team members and recognize that many team members are really excited about the prospect of working together again (safely!). So, when the time is right, we will open the office again to those team members who are interested in working in a shared space. All other team members must have access to good internet and work on EST hours.
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your pronouns (if you feel comfortable doing so), resume, LinkedIn and Github profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also always interested in hearing anything fun you’d like to share about yourself too!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1