Event Marketing Specialist
At Nudge Rewards, we’re on a mission to connect forward-thinking brands with their frontline employees in meaningful ways that drive their performance potential. Our mobile solution is powered by behavioral theory, social mechanics, and gamification, offering a truly unprecedented way of impacting key business drivers while delivering insights that matter. To date, we’ve delivered over 10 million nudges to the frontline, supported by a cumulative 4.7 rating from thousands of app reviews worldwide.
At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do.
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better everyday
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Event Marketing Specialist that will help the Nudge Marketing Team build brand awareness, generate demand for our products, and drive new business growth. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Event Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing marketing programs for sponsored and self-hosted events including industry events, trade shows, workshops, roundtables and more, as well as support other marketing programs as needed. This role is best suited for a hyper-organized self-starter who is passionate about mastering event management and successfully executing on an ambitious 2020 events marketing plan.
What we need your help with
- Successfully execute the 2020 event marketing plan including sponsored industry events, trade shows, and speaking engagements, as well as hosted events, like workshops, roundtables, and dinners.
- Help build an event marketing strategy to ensure successful participation and strong pre/post activities, including setting success metrics and analyzing post-event outcomes for optimization.
- Work with event vendors and internal team to create a unique and compelling brand experience
- Actively engage with sales to schedule meetings at events, ensure prospect and customer follow-up and drive pipeline
- Establish and manage a regular cadence of event-specific meetings with stakeholders to drive alignment and engagement
- Manage event team resources including inventory and booth vendor management
- Owning end-to-end event execution including meeting deadlines, coordinating with vendors and stakeholders during event planning, and managing all event deliverables
- Organizing tradeshow logistics, including handling sponsorship, trade show collateral management, communications, travel, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience managing event engagements from proposal to execution and follow up; B2B strongly preferred
- Phenomenal attention to detail and have experience with prioritizing parallel delivery schedules
- Excel at working independently and with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a desire to work in a fast-paced, regularly evolving environment that values creativity, self-motivation, reliability, and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications or relevant experience
- Willingness to travel
What makes working at Nudge awesome
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Professional development allowance
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- In office Yoga, twice a week
- Bike parking
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Closing date: Wednesday, December 11 at 6pm ET
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1