Director of People & Culture
At Nudge Rewards, we’re on a mission to connect forward-thinking brands with their frontline employees in meaningful ways that drive their performance potential. Our mobile solution is powered by behavioral theory, social mechanics, and gamification, offering a truly unprecedented way of impacting key business drivers while delivering insights that matter. To date, we’ve delivered over 10 million nudges to the frontline, supported by a cumulative 4.7 rating from thousands of app reviews worldwide.
Our Values: At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
We’re not looking for your traditional HR hire. We believe the P&C team is a key business partner and as Nudge’s first full-time P&C hire, you’ll help grow our people—our largest and most important asset—not spending time drafting policies.
Reporting directly to the CFO and Head of Talent who believes people are a company’s most important asset, your core responsibilities include defining our People & Culture mandate and executing against it.
There is a massive opportunity to play a core role in shaping the People & Culture function at Nudge—from onboarding, recruiting, training, establishing a performance culture, building our employer brand, and helping to retain our team. This role is a fantastic learning opportunity to work closely with experienced leaders and learn. A lot.
We believe that to attract and retain world-class team members, we need a world class People & Culture team.
At Nudge you will
Be a core driver in ensuring all Nudge team members can bring their best selves to work every day.
You’ll lead, develop, and execute programs to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent and help us to:
- Strengthen employer brand
- Drive employee engagement
- Ensure we live our values
- Hire high quality new team members that share our values while building scalable hiring processes
- Find the best (and scrappiest) ways to retain our existing team members
- Partner with the business leaders to formalize performance, feedback, and career planning process
- Promote active professional development/empowerment
- Ensure we have the right people in the right roles to drive the business
- Anticipate and plan for future talent needs
- Coach management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, and performance reviews
You have a minimum of 10 years of business experience—operational experience is an asset.
You love growing people and are passionate about people being able to bring their best selves to work every day.
You have a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and scrappy environment. You enjoy the thought of collaborating daily with all areas of the business including sales, marketing, product, engineering, finance, and customer success.
- University degree, preferably in Business/Human Resources
- Minimum 10 years of business experience with 5 of those years specifically in HR (operational experience is welcome)
- 3-5 years of experience partnering at Director or VP levels
- Clear business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
- Strong analytic capability to identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions
- Strong ability to influence to optimize stakeholder collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to operate and succeed within a fast-paced and team-based organization, effectively partnering with peers, senior business leaders, management, and professionals to identify and deliver on key objectives and move the needle on engagement, productivity, and teamwork.
What makes working at Nudge awesome
- Great people who are passionate about each other and our customers ***
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- $2,000 professional development allowance
- In-office Yoga, twice a week
- Dog-friendly office
- Bike parking
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your resume and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
AND SEND US A BRIEF NOTE telling us why you’d be a great addition to the Nudge team as our Director of People & Culture!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Posting close date: February 18, 2020 at 6pm EDT.
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1