Director of Finance
At Nudge Rewards, we’re on a mission to connect forward-thinking brands with their frontline employees in meaningful ways that drive their performance. Our mobile solution is powered by behavioral theory, social mechanics, and gamification, offering a truly unprecedented way of impacting key business drivers, while delivering insights that matter. To date, we’ve delivered over 20 million nudges to frontline employees in some of the world’s largest and most respected brands. This is supported by a cumulative 4.7 rating from thousands of app reviews worldwide.
At Nudge, we believe our values underpin everything we do
- Strive to thrive: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Action-focused: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Uplift everyone: We create a positive impact for each other, our customers, and our users
- The Teamiest Team: We help, support, and trust each other as we work to reach our goals
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
About the role
Finance is a key business partner at Nudge. We believe that the business will grow faster if we leverage the skill sets across the company to work together to achieve our goal. As a finance business partner, you’ll use your skills and expertise to help grow and scale the business.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you’ll be their right hand and take on the ownership of the majority of Nudge’s core finance, accounting, and tax functions, including defining the finance function mandate and executing against it, along with our talented Finance Manager.
There is a massive opportunity to play a core role in the growth of Nudge through the finance function—from building out a metrics-driven org-wide approach to business to FP&A, cap table management, financial modelling, SaaS metrics, controllership functions, and generally partnering with the business to make smart business decisions. In typical start-up fashion, you will also learn new skills including various aspects of drafting legal agreements (sales, partnership, and fundraising), intellectual property law, insurance requirements, corporate governance, and managing the organization’s risk profile. This role is a fantastic learning opportunity to work closely with experienced leaders and learn. A lot.
At Nudge you will
- Partner with the business – by working closely with members of the leadership team to ensure we smartly prioritize key initiatives and help our business leaders drive success.
- Chase revenue – by building financial models that help the leadership team prioritize initiatives and hold the business leaders accountable to revenue targets through KPIs.
- Budget and forecast our future – by aiding the organization in managing revenue, gross margin, and operating burn against budgets you’ve established by working with the leadership team.
- Keep our Board informed – by managing our quarterly board reporting process
- Discover where we should be looking – by exploring our business to identify key metrics, processes and truths that we haven’t even thought to look at yet, which will become cornerstones of our financial success.
- Providing stewardship and leadership of our core finance, accounting, and tax functions
- Brush up on your legalese – as we work with the revenue side of the business to draft or liaise with legal counsel to draft customer contracts and partnership agreements.
- You thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative environments
- You love the idea of being involved in strategic decision making
- You believe financial analysis is a key part of making strategic business decisions and you can create business cases to drive operational business decisions in your sleep
- You think building financial models is easy
- You pick up concepts quickly and can run with them on minimal guidance
- You’re always up for a challenge and you’re always striving to learn something new
- You have strong attention to detail
- Excel is your best friend
- You are a CPA/CA or CMA, MBA (with a finance focus)
- Specific experience with FP&A
- Approximately 10 years of work experience or more
- The idea of being involved in driving business growth excites you
- You have a dynamic, confident personality and the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
- You have strong skills in communicating, presenting and writing, and the ability to work well cross-functionally
Don’t have all of the above? That’s okay, we welcome candidates who may have some of the skills, but are still learning. At Nudge, we are dedicated to providing opportunities and growing our employees, so we encourage you to apply.
What makes working at Nudge awesome
- Great people who are passionate about each other and our customers
- Flexible health and wellness benefits
- Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
- $2,000 professional development allowance
- In-office Yoga (currently virtual)
- Dog-friendly office
- Bike parking
Our remote work policy
At Nudge, we currently operate with a Flexible First approach. We prioritize both the physical and psychological safety of our team members and recognize that many team members are really excited about the prospect of working together again (safely!). So, when the time is right, we will open the office again to those team members who are interested in working in a shared space. All other team members must have access to good internet and work on EST hours.
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please send your preferred pronouns (if you feel comfortable doing so), resume, and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com. AND SEND US A BRIEF NOTE telling us why you’d be a great addition to the Nudge team as our Director of Finance.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and based in Toronto as we expect to open our office again when it’s safe to do so.
Posting close date: October 4, 2020 at 6pm EST.
425 Adelaide St. W, #300, Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1